RETURN TO HOME PAGE
Click on the links below
Calvert County Website
Meeting Minutes and Videos
Out of the Past
Drum Point Day 2011
The Drum Point community is currently managed by elected volunteers who
belong to the "Drum Point Property Owners' Association (DPPOA)". DPPOA
is an incorporated non-profit Civic/Social association established in accordance
with Section llb-101 of the Real Property Article of the Annotated Code of
Maryland. DPPOA is a recognized MD Homeowners Association (HOA) and
oversees a MD Special Taxing District (STD).
Anyone owning land in the community can join the DPPOA by paying the annual
dues. The dues are used to help offset community costs and entitles members to
vote on DPPOA organization specific issues, such as Board of Director elections
and bylaw changes. Because issues that affect the community at large are managed
by DPPOA, these meetings are open to anyone, not just dues paying members, and
voting on covenant issues is not restricted to DPPOA members.
The purpose of the Association, as contained in the Charter and in the Association By-Laws, is to promote
the general welfare of the property owners within the Drum Point Subdivision by:
- Representing the interests of the community with officials and agencies
of local, regional, state and national governments.
- Enforcing the applicable covenants recorded
in the property owner’s deeds.
- Managing the financial resources
of the Association.
- Administrating, constructing, improving, and maintaining common properties
- Encouraging community
- Preserving and protecting open spaces, wildlife, and waterways within
- Providing periodical information through publications and meetings to keep the owners